The National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Watch for the entire San Francisco Bay Area & Central coast. The Flash Flood Watch is from 3PM this afternoon to 3AM Thursday.
A High Wind Warning is in effect from 1PM this afternoon to 3AM Thursday.
The storm is expected to be one of the strongest storms the Bay Area has seen in a while. Flooding is likely and may occur right around the evening commute time. The heavy rain is predicted to begin around 3PM and strong high winds are expected near Bay Area bridges.
Things to be concerned about today:
- Downed power lines and/or trees
- Blowing debris and ponding of water/flooding on roads
Some safety tips:
- Keep an eye on the weather forecasts.
- If possible, leave work early to avoid the commute, which is when the storm is expected to really kick in.
- If you have to drive, drive slow!
- Have flashlights handy (rather than candles, due to potential fire hazard) in case of power outages. Make sure to have batteries.
- Stay indoors as much as possible. Please stay off of the roads if you can!
- Report any problems you see (uprooted trees, broken utility lines, etc.).
Everyone stay safe!